Translate

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Acceptance Not Condemnation

Jane Doe continues to blog with great entries. This time, she explains how people hurt when they should be helping instead.

However, how can we be sick simply for falling in love with someone?
Excellent question! Consanguinamory is not sick.

None of us in our community asked to be consang, with all the complications that brings to our lives. But for better and worse, we are. Right now, consangs face unique struggles, our love is often one that dare not speak it's name aloud. Yet in reality, we do not differ from other people in all the ways that really matter in life. We fall in love, we spend our lives together, we have families, sometimes we are lucky enough to grow old together, in the shadows, unseen, unsung and uncelebrated. 
No, we're not sick people, we're normal human beings with normal lives made all the more complicated and anxiety ridden by the burden of secrecy and fear placed upon us. We don't need 'help' either, because there is nothing at all wrong with being a consang. I'm very comfortable with my sexual identity thanks very much, I wouldn't change it for the world, because it's a part of me and it's made me who I am.
Jane is on target!

In short, there is no reason or need to 'help' people who are happy with their sexual identity, regardless of which orientation they happen to belong to. And yes, consanguinamory is an orientation, just as normal and just as healthy as any of the above. It does not make us evil, and it does not make us sick.
Thanks, Jane! Go read the whole thing, and more of her blog.

Harassing consenting adults for loving each other makes things worse, not better. Make things better. There is no good reason to deny consenting adult their rights to the relationships to which they mutually agree, including marriage.

There good chance someone you love or at least appreciate is consanguinamorous. Make things better for them, not worse.
— — —

3 comments:

  1. I'm living with my aunt right now and have for 8 years and we love each other. She's my half-aunt(mother's half sister) and is 10 years old than I am. We've always been close and I moved in with her when I left my parents' home to go to college and things blossomed from there.

    I don't think anyone in my family knows as we haven't told anyone and we don't show affection in public. We also have a separate bedroom set up for me for appearances, but we sleep together every night. If I could marry her, I would, but for now, we are very happy, even though we're in secret. Maybe one things will change, but for now, we'll just keep doing what we're doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous. congrats on your love. I'd like to hear from you privately. If you could email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, that would be great.

      Delete

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.