Translate

Friday, October 14, 2011

Same-Sex Genetic Sexual Attraction

When Genetic Sexual Attraction happens, it is usually orientation-specific. In other words, a heterosexual man meeting his biological father or brother for the first time, or the first time since puberty, is unlikely to experience GSA for him, but there is no small chance that if he was meeting his biological mother or sister for the first time, he’d experience GSA for her. A gay man could easily experience GSA for his biological father, full or half-brother, etc., but not his biological mother, sister, etc.

Another journalist is asking for help from people who've experienced GSA, this time with same-sex GSA.

I hope you don't mind me posting this.... my name is John and I'm a journalist in London, England. I'm writing a feature for Gay Times magazine about homosexuality and GSA. After watching a fascinating programme about GSI on the TV here recently, I looked online to research homosexuality and GSA and was surprised to find so little written about it.

Not enough has been written about GSA in general.

I would love the opportunity to talk to any of you about it who have experienced same-sex GSA to use as case studies for my feature.

It would of course be completely anonymous, names, locations, ages etc can all be changed so there is no chance you would be identified.

And of course the feature would be unbiased and completely non-judgemental. The purpose for the story is to educate people about something they know nothing about, not to criticise.

I can do it by phone, or via email - whatever you prefer.

I really hope you'll consider this and be rest assured there will be no way for anyone at all to identify you if that is your preference. If you are willing to help or would like to ask me any further questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Many thanks for your time,

John

john.marrs@hotmail.co.uk

This sounds like something that can help, although I always advise caution in dealing with the media. As he says, you can remain anonymous, which is good if you have to do that to protect yourself or your relationship.
— — —

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.