Translate

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Casting Call For Consanguinamorous Brits

Sometimes I am contacted by journalists and casting directors looking for people who are in relationships that face discrimination who are willing to appear, at least in some form, in print articles, television shows, or documentaries.

Balanced documentation or depictions of such relationships will lead to more understanding in the population in general, and move us towards relationship rights and full marriage equality for all. There are two concerns that always arise with these requests, however:

1. Will the article/program/documentary actually be balanced or favorable, rather than misleading or negative?

2. Will the lovers who participate be able to do so without bringing further discrimination into their lives?

I do not tell anyone else whether or not to cooperate with these requests. Every set of lovers must decide for themselves what, if anything, they will do in response to these requests. With that in mind, here's the latest information...

Charlotte Evans charlotteevans@doubleact.tv
 

I'm wondering if you might be able to help me.

I'm contacting you from a London based TV Documentary production company, who have been asked by Channel 4 to develop a show on Genetic Sexual Attraction as part of their  landmark Cutting Edge series.

Basically I'm looking for British couples in consanguineous sexual relationships who would be willing to talk about their experiences on camera.
It would not be necessary to identify where these couples live, or for them to still be resident in the UK.

Obviously I appreciate there are a myriad of reasons why people might be reluctant to come forward, but our intention would be to explore all aspects of the situation from a measured, thoughtful and extremely sympathetic stand point.

Any help you could give in terms of pointing me in the right direction, or putting me in touch with people who might be able to help would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,


Charlotte Evans
Double Act Productions Ltd

0207 733 0261
www.doubleact.tv


I wrote back to her an clarified if she wants GSA relationships only, or if she would be interested in, for example, siblings who fell in love as they matured together. Her response...

I would be grateful to hear from any consanguineous couple who would be willing to share their story on camera.

There's the information. Do with it what you will.
— — —

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm would love to, but unfortunately we cannot for obvious reasons, i.e. being identified on camera! Will be interesting to watch though....especially seeing what backlash comes from it from all the bigoted people out there ;-)

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.