Translate

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Why Do I Have Sexual Feelings For My Dad?

I'm active on Quora, and this question came up...


It's a question that might be asked at later ages, too. 

Here's an answer...

Most 16-year-olds are very hormonal. For some, this means they’ll have sexual feelings for a lot of people in their lives. What most people don’t admit is that this can include close relatives, including a parent.

There is also a small percentage of the population that has a sexual orientation that is somewhat consanguinamorous, meaning they are attracted to one or more close relatives in large part because they are close relatives.

If your father has raised you, and he’s been a great father, that can also factor into your attraction.

If your father didn’t raise you, but he’s back in your life now, well, a lot of people feel Genetic Attraction or Genetic Sexual Attraction, a very strong attraction to a close genetic relative if that relative didn’t raise them, but they are in each other’s lives now.

Finally, if your father is “objectively” attractive, that might be most or part of the reason why.

Sexual attractions are very diverse, and they don't always "make sense." 

You are certainly not alone. You probably know other people who’ve been attracted to their own father, whether it was fleeting or they have a strong lasting attraction, or something somewhere between.
— — —

7 comments:

  1. Too many people are ignorant to this day and they're not even waking up to the facts! It's like they're brainwashed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question Keith. Do you think ethical nonmonogamy and consanguinamory should be part of sex education? I read a post that Jane Doe made saying that these 2 topics should be part of sex education and I read VeganJoyJoy's comment about that they were taught that incest is bad in their English class. Perhaps this could be the same for anthropology and biology classes I guess. Like, instead of teaching teenagers these false myths about incest, teach them the truth using articles from the consanguinamory wordpress blog that Jane Doe has. I talked to some teenagers on the internet about what their opinion about romantic love between 2 adult siblings and all they did was that they labeled that it was incest and that it is "objectively wrong." I was able to convince one of the teenagers that incest isn't inherently bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you’re talking about sex education of minors in schools, that’s a big can of worms. Certainly, it should include that some people have sexual experiences and relationships with close relatives and that there is such a thing as ethical non-monogamy. Some of the teenagers in class will have already discovered these things are options. Teaching consent, contraception, protection, etc. is vital.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, most of the teenagers that know about it before even being taught about it probably got it from their parents or the internet. I think they should be taught in public high schools in the West. The reason why I asked you about this is because if the LGBT+ community have high levels of human rights in the West, people would be educated about it. Should polygamy and consensual incest have high levels of human rights, including protection from discrimination and prejudice/bigotry, then the public should be educated about it. Sociologists can help us get the proper recommended age rating for learning these topics that has a big can of worms.

      Delete
    3. Dear anonymous, what is the Jane Doe blog? I can't find it.

      Delete
    4. Here is Jane’s blog https://consanguinamory.wordpress.com/

      Delete
  3. Nice article and I also read the quora link plus with all the posts. It seems there are alot of daughters asking this question and sons, mothers and fathers too. I think people need reassurance that it's ok to take these steps towards a sexual or romantic relationships. Thank god they have good advice from people like you. I think anyone who is considering this should not worry so much and enjoy yourself, obviously take precautions. I think the very fact you asking eg how do I approach my dad for sex or my dad has asked for sex etc, means you are mostly asking for permission or just someone to say it's ok. Just trust yourself and try it! I think everyone asks these questions and normally we already know the answer.

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.