A sufferer of the condition has opened up on Reddit about what it’s like to be affected by the attraction.
Sufferer. For some, the only suffering comes from the bigotry of outsiders interfering in their relationship. People don't "suffer" from GSA like it is some disease. It is natural, normal reaction to the circumstances. The suffering comes from, as we noted, discrimination, but also from negativity from family, friends, and others, as well as jealousy and envy.
My biological mother was a teenager and did not have the means nor support to raise me. My adoptive parents had her name from some paperwork that had come from the hospital.”

When she managed to track down her mother, she was able to get in contact with her father. That’s when the attraction began.

“When I first saw his photos and read what he had to say, I put the feelings off as just being mere excitement,” she says.

“He is a very handsome person, and extremely well spoken. We hit it off immediately. Even without any contact or knowledge of each other for two decades, we had nearly identical senses of humor, similar interests, tastes in music.”
This sort of thing is common with GSA.
“We would stay up all night talking on the phone or chatting on IM. I was living with my boyfriend at the time, and my biological father had been married for almost 20 years at this point. My boyfriend became very jealous even early on, and so did his wife, as we were just pouring tons of attention into each other.”
GSA can prompt people to cheat who never would otherwise.
After visiting her biological father, things intensified.
“By the second visit, after a month or so after the first, things took a turn and got out of control. It is extremely nerve-wracking to talk about this, but he and I were talking at night in the dark. I don't know what I was thinking, but as we were talking I just instinctively leaned over and kissed him. And I didn't stop, and it didn't stop at just kissing. At that point, we put ourselves into a very complicated and difficult situation that would unfold over many years,” she admits.

As happens often, her marriage failed.
And while the relationship isn’t without is complications, the two are now openly a couple.
“We still live together. When we meet people now, we portray each other as boyfriend/girlfriend. Sometimes I forget that we are related because a lot of time has passed since the above events happened. We both have good jobs, we both are very committed to each other, and in a weird way we are closer than we were even at the beginning. We love each other very intensely and I can't imagine ever being with anyone else” she reveals.
They should be free to live openly and to marry if they want, free of prosecution,  bullying, or discrimination. People who want to be open usually have to move away from people who know their genetic relation.