Translate

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Reunited But Denied Equality Under the Law


By my count, this is the thirty-third ongoing relationship I've covered through exclusive interviews in which the lovers are denied the freedom to be open about their love and are denied the freedom to marry and have that marriage treated equally under the law.

"Bonnie" and "Clyde" are attractive, make a cute couple, and as you might have already figured out, have a great sense of humor. They are consenting adults with a passionate love for each other. Yet they face discrimination and prejudice for their love.

Read the interview below and ask yourself if there is one good reason these two consenting adults should be denied their rights or should have to hide the full, true nature of their relationship from anyone in their life.


*****


FULL MARRIAGE EQUALITY: Describe your background.

Bonnie: I am very young, but an adult. I have completed high school, and plan on going to college to be a cosmetologist in the fall. My hobbies are drawing, singing, and family oriented activities. I live in a state in the Great Lakes area of the USA. I have lived here all my life. I have two siblings; both I raised, one girl and one boy now the ages of 8, and 11. My family is my life… but I have a life none of them know about. I am secretly in a relationship with my biological father and I have been with him for over a year. I am the happiest I have ever been!

Clyde: So I am, as she puts it, her equal half (a little joke ‘cause me and her are so similar.) I am in my late 30s and work as a maintenance man. I was unable to finish high school because of the timing of my daughter being born (I do not blame her or her mother) it was just too much stress for me unfortunately. But I soon plan to get my GED. My hobbies are drawing, listening to music, being outdoors, cooking and enjoying my love’s company. I live in the same state and I have lived here my entire life as well. I am an only child but have always loved the idea of a big family. I have been extremely happy since we got together.


FME: Are you married or have you ever been married?

Bonnie: No, I am not nor have I ever been, but he proposed to me!

Clyde: No I am not; as she said, though, we are engaged. I had been married before and that was when she was a small child. It was not to her mother.


FME: How would you describe your sexual orientation and your relationship orientation?

Bonnie: I am bisexual and proud. I have dated about the same ratio of guys and girls.

Clyde: I am straight but I support equality in every way, shape and form!


FME: You currently live with…?

Bonnie: We currently live with each other and a roommate who knows about our situation.


FME: To confirm, Clyde is your genetic father?

Bonnie: Yes, he is my biological father.


FME: What kind of relationship, if any, did you have while she was growing up?

Clyde: I had visitation rights with her for about a year and a half until her mother decided that two different households were confusing her. She was about 6 years old then. I didn’t see her for 11 years and then decided to finally contact her.

Bonnie: As he stated, that is the story my mother went with but she didn’t realize she was giving me abandonment issues, because as I grew up she told me something completely different. She said he didn’t want me anymore, but after 11 years of her lying I was finally old enough and when he contacted me I decided to take matters into my own hands and found out that she had been filling my head with lies for eleven years.

He came to see me about a week after contacting me. We were so similar it was crazy. And I had no idea what Genetic Sexual Attraction was or that about two weeks after seeing him again I would be experiencing it.



FME: Do you have any children together?

Bonnie: No but we both want kids. We even have names picked out and everything.


FME: How did sexual affection become a part of your relationship?

Clyde: It was about two weeks after being reunited.

Bonnie: We spent the entire two weeks doing nothing but hanging out and absorbing each other’s time. We both noticed at the end of the two weeks we were having strange feelings for each other. It was so spontaneous. We were wrestling and I bit him and he bit me back, and then it dawned on both of us that it had affected it us in a very unusual way. It was like one of the movie magic moments where they both lean in for a kiss and fireworks go off in the background.


FME: Can you describe your feelings during that?

Bonnie: Simple. I knew I was in love with my father, falling more and more in love with him every day.

FME: Before this had you ever thought this would be possible or enjoyable; did you have any opinion one way or the other about genetic relatives being together?

Bonnie: No. I had experimented with my female second cousin when I was young so I thought nothing of it.

Clyde: Yes and no. By that I mean I honestly knew it could be enjoyable because I had lost my virginity to my female first cousin on my mom’s side.


FME: How do you describe the sex/lovemaking now?

Clyde: Amazing

Bonnie: Wow and even out of this world. It’s always been extremely natural-feeling. We live our lives like any engaged couple would and we plan to have a ceremony in 2016.

Clyde: She is the most amazing lovemaker I have ever experienced and I give her kudos because of her being a virgin prior to me, she is always finding new and exciting ways to continue to keep me hooked!
Bonnie: We typically roleplay and have foreplay and then make love just like any other couple would only ten times better!


FME: Describe your relationship now. Are you in a closed relationship with each other?

Bonnie: Yes, he is my life partner and I don’t need anyone else.

Clyde: Agreed. I am in the same boat as her. I plan to keep her forever!


FME: How long have you been together?

Bonnie: A little over one amazing year.


FME: Do you see each other as family or lovers, or are those two roles inseparable at this point?

Clyde: Inseparable at home, family when visiting family, and lovers in public.


FME: What do you say to people who say he is preying on you, and that you can't consent to this?

Bonnie: Ever since the relationship bloomed he has asked me time after time, "Are sure this is what you want?" It took me almost six months to finally convince him I am completely and utterly in love with him.


FME: Aside from the law, which I think is ridiculous, can you think of anything that would make relationships like this inherently wrong?

Bonnie: Nope. If it weren’t for the law we would be flaunting our love and relationship everywhere and if someone didn’t like it, oh well.


FME: I know you’re planning to get married. Will you register the marriage with the state?

Bonnie: It’s just going to be our own matter because he is on my birth certificate. So just a private wedding with someone to do the vows ceremony with us.


FME: Any plans for the future?

Clyde: Get married, have kids and grow old together!





*****



There you have it. Consenting adults who aren't hurting anyone, who have a beautiful love, but are denied their rights.

Why should they be denied their rights? There’s no good reason.We need to recognize that all adults should be free to be with any and all consenting adults as they mutually consent, and part of doing that is adopting relationship rights for all, including full marriage equality sooner rather than later. People are being hurt because of a denial of their basic human rights to love each other freely.

You can read other interviews I have done here.

If you are in a relationship like this and are looking for help or others you can talk with, read this.

Thank you to Bonnie and Clyde for doing this interview!
— — —

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful couple! I hope that they have a great life together and can raise a happy family.
    -Liz Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my second time reading this interview, and just noticed (or maybe "My brain just processed this" would be better phrasing) that he said "kudos because of her being a virgin prior to me". That sentence leaves a a slightly (slightly because this interview shows their relationship to be healthy and consensual) bad taste in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.