Translate

Monday, July 8, 2013

We Get Letters

Here are a couple of comments that were left here on the blog recently. Both were left by people who wish to remain anonymous.

Left on this page...   
Thank you so much, I've been looking for some information about all of this that isn't talking about 'rape'. I've just started being intimate with my father who I had only met a handful of times through my life. I feel better knowing that there are people out there that understand the complex emotions that come with this kind of relationship.
And left on this page...
I am so happy I found this. My parents divorced when I was 6 and my sister was 2. We were reunited after ten years. We began a sexual relationship shortly after that. We stopped when I turned 18 and joined the army. Both of us were miserable for ten years trying to find someone we truly loved. The reality is that we do not love anyone else as much as we love each other. We have lived as a married couple for 12 years now. I can not imagine living without her.
My heart is always warmed when people let me know how this blog is helping them.

Unfortunately, people who have been in, are currently in, or may be entering into consanguinamorous relationships don't have many places to find other in the same situation for reasonable discussion on the matter, despite the fact that these relationships are common enough that everyone knows someone who is in one, whether they know it or not. If one tries a general relationship forum, they may encounter much prejudice and hostility, if the administrators even allow them to participate. There is at least one forum dealing with Genetic Sexual Attraction that takes a tone unwelcoming to those in lasting, happy relationships. While there are several forums that discuss consanguinamory in a supportive or encouraging way, they seem to be more about erotica and fantasy than dealing with real-life issues of relationships and living with something that is discriminated against in law and public opinion. Most people who are happy in their relationships are not going to bother with forums, either due to lack of interest, time constraints, or a perceived risk to their relationship and freedom.

The best place I know of for discussing the consanguinamorous life is Kindred Spirits forum, which is free to the user. If you go there, be sure to immediately read and follow all of the rules, or you'll be kicked right off.
— — —

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.