Translate

Monday, June 3, 2013

Into My Arms is a Novel With GSA

Good Gabble Reviews has a new review of a novel of interest to this blog. I recommend Good Gabble in general, but this is especially of interest. The novel is Into my Arms by Kylie Ladd, and it is a love story that involves Genetic Sexual Attraction. The reviewer has personal experience with GSA.
Kylie shows compassion for the topic. Until one actually experiences the immense emotions and push and pull GSA creates, one can not fully understand it, but within Into My Arms Kylie Ladd has given the reader a deeper understanding of the intensity involved. Her characters correctly display the push pull and immense need. I did feel the story played down the turmoil GSA causes within the extended family unit but will acknowledge that this is different in all situations depending on the family dynamics.

Into My Arms is more than GSA. It is a story of love, passion, family, unity, need and conflict.
There is much more to the review, but what's the ultimate verdict?
Definitely on my ‘Go on, give it a read’ list. 

Available from www.allenandunwin.com

ISBN: 978-1-74331458-6

There are going to be more novels and memoirs with Genetic Sexual Attraction as one of the elements. Publishers and others in media, including filmmakers, should not avoid this reality. GSA is likely to increase in the coming years due to realities of today's world, and there are some fascinating, powerful stories to be told, with everything from intense, beautiful passion to struggle, persecution, and courtroom drama. Even a thought-provoking romantic comedy, if it handles the situation well, can break barriers.

Statistically, it is almost a certainty that people in positions of power at major publishing houses and Hollywood studios have personal experience with GSA. Wouldn't it be great to help clear away the ignorance and stigma surrounding the topic?
— — —

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.