Translate

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Strongest Bond of Sibling Consanguinamory

Perhaps the most common brush with consensual incest that people have, aside from cousins, is rather tame interactions with their siblings when they are very young: skinny dipping, playing doctor, show me yours and I'll show you mine, going or a feel while roughhousing, truth or dare, etc. This is so common and not really a big deal. It is such a little deal that many people forget they even did it. For some siblings too old to be interested in childhood games, things can be a little more serious. The sibling bond, shared experiences, trust, curiosity, hyper hormones, proximity, privacy, convenience, and sometimes relative isolation combine to foster situations where some siblings experiment and explore with each other. Some of these have flings, some develop ongoing agreements/arrangements, some have love affairs, and some go on to be lifelong spouses, even if denied standing as such by the law. This can also happen later in life, as siblings comfort each other through the rough times of life, or simply have a wild night, or realize they belong together... societal prejudices be damned.

Kindred Spirits continues to be the best forum I know of to discuss consanguinamory between any adults, not only siblings, but other close relatives, too. But a couple of the admins there are women who are, for their intents, married to the brothers with whom they were raised. They have bonds that are unmatched by any other. These women are intelligent, attractive women and if you passed them on the street you wouldn't think they are odd in any way. (If you join the forum, be sure to read and follow the rules or you won't last long.)
    
As one admin wrote...


i was telling someone this morning that i feel it's a brothers birth right to claim his sister as his own, now that's just my way of thinking, but in a way she does belong to him anyway as a sibling, so taking her as his wife just seems like a natural step to me, course she has to be willing, guys may be surprised how attached a sister can become to him....
A second admin wrote...
Wether we have a right to be with the person who loves us back is taken away from us by society seeing this as nothing but a taboo.

We are all in our relationships because we see and feel the love like no other, we have a bond of being siblings so we know more about each other than most normal couples would, simply because we have been brought up together.

So for me, there really is nothing wrong that we want to be loved by the person who knows us best.

Do we have a right to claim them as our own? Isn't it more important that we claim the love we share together as our own more than the person? However saying that, like you, I would claim [brother's name] as my own, and I know he would claim me as his. I think that you have certain rights to claim the person you truly love, but as long as that claim doesn't become the ethos of you being together. What should be primarily there is the love you claimed together and still have every single day of your lives.

Personally speaking here, I can see why you would want to claim your brother as your own, and have the natural step and become his wife. Even though myself and [brother's name] have been together for all these years, I can't legally marry him, even though I would love to become his wife with all my heart and soul. It would only be natural for us both to feel this way as neither of us have ever been with anyone else. [brother's name] is my first and only love, same as I am his, and it will always be this way because of nothing more than the love we feel for each other, yet, we can't legally become husband and wife. Many would say that it's only a piece of paper that makes the difference, but that's wrong in certain aspects, as we can't declare our love to the world like normal married couples can, we have to hide away and do we have the right to keep doing this or is it being thrust upon us by people who don't wish to understand how close we really are?
The first admin added...
OOooo i can't legally marry my brother either, but in every respect i am his wife, and he's my husband, i know in this day and age it's strange to hear someone say she was claimed, but he did claim me and took me for himself...

and he had every right to do so...

to the rest of the world we will only be an unwed couple, but to each other, we are married....

No love is stronger than sibling love...
The second admin added...
That sounds so similar to our relationship.

Even though I am not legally marry [brother's name], in all pretenses I am his wife, and always will be. In our eyes I became his wife and he became my husband when we had an ancient celtic commitment ceremony by the loch. Even though this isn't legally binding, to us it was the next best thing to marriage.

So who do I see [brother's name] as more? My brother or my husband? Well that's easy Very Happy [brother's name] is my husband, the man I love with all that I am or ever will be, and that is way before I see the brother in him. I wear a wedding ring, I also wear the engagement ring he got me, and in both our eyes, we ARE and always will be husband and wife.
The first admin added...
Oooo we just had our own ceremony in our bedroom years ago and exchanged vows of never ending love for each other, and i do see him as my husband, except when he makes me mad, then his older sister comes out to put him in place haha....
She wrote in another thread...

OOoo i dunno.i have a lot of posts up on this site, what holds us together is our love for each other and the bond we share, we grew up together, we'll grow old together... The incestuousness nature of our relationship brings us closer, we know who we are and are hardly ready to let that go, we feel special and blessed, we go through life as siblings and man and wife, different roles that combine into a glorious relationship... Going through a difficult period, and we have been through many, only brings you closer together, brother and sister, husband and wife share those moments and learn and grow from them...

Haha yea i get mad at him, but even after all this time when i look at him, i see the young boy i fell madly in love with, we're also very traditional, he's the bread winner, where as i run our home and raise our daughter..

If there is such a thing as a match made in heaven, even though we're brother and sister, we fit that bill..... 
Few people will have relationships like this with their sibling; wholistic relationships of shared lives, love, sex, friendship, and kinship. But whether such close relatives want to marry, live together, or share recreational sex, that should be their decision to make. The disgust or beliefs of others should not interfere. To me, it is disgusting that lovers like this are denied their rights.
— — —

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.