Translate

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

We Get Letters

Here's a comment left the other day on a posting from years ago about an aunt-nephew couple who were considering coming out.
I know what you are going through. I have being in love with my nephew since I can remember. I am 39 years of age and he is 41. His dad and I are half brother and sister same dad different mom.
 

When we were teens my parents sent me to spent the summer at his house. That summer we fell in love. But we continue with our separate lives I got married so did he. Over the years we kept in contact and saw each other when ever we could. He is my best friend my soulmate. We are still very much in love but we decided to never say or tell our families. They would never understand our bond.
Wouldn't it have been better for everyone involved if these two were allowed to be together, and if they wanted, to marry? Assuming the people who became their spouses were not informed, it isn't fair to those people just like it isn't fair to the lovers. Adults should be free to love each other, and not be pressured into hiding their love, staying the closet, and taking on beards.

In addition to the comments left on this blog, I get email, too, from people all over the world who are looking for help because of discriminatory laws and prejudices held by their own families. It is heartbreaking that anyone should have to hide because they are adults who love each other.

This is why we need relationship rights, including full marriage equality, for all adults.
— — —

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it is unfair to their spouses. I see all of the time about how there are other girls out there, or as somebody once said "plenty of girls to F***", but it all becomes a sham if I'm only settling. Even I get lonely, and wish I had somebody else to focus on. But then I am reminded that at the end of the day, she wouldn't be my number one. I think "what if I was just somebody's replacement? What if she was just settling for me because the person she couldn't have the person she really loved?" And I know that it would hurt in most cases, maybe if we were both in the same situation, would it not really be unfair, but in most cases, I could never forgive myself if I strung a girl along as a replacement.

    I see many people do this, and while I don't judge them, I think they risk it all falling down, like a castle made of cards.

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.