Translate

Thursday, October 26, 2023

It Is Good to Hear From You

One of the great things about this blog, for me, is that I've had so many wonderful people reach out to me over the years. They outnumber the bigots exponentially. They include people in relationships facing discrimination, people who used to be, people considering their options, and their family, friends, and allies.

The curious also reach out, whether they are journalists, other media producers, or "everyday" people with curiosity.

Many people who've reached out have expressed that they had been hesitant to do so, and some of them remain cautious. Some people over the years have dropped contact and then resumed it later, even years later.

There are only a few of us doing things like this blog, so that means that for each of us, there are many of you, the reader, the seeker. That means that if you contact me, keeping up contact will usually be up to you. If we've been in friendly or cordial contact before, but you haven't heard from me in a while, I'm sorry about that. You're welcome to reach out, no matter how long it has been. I always like hearing from you, even if it is just "Hello." If you want to update me, I'd like to read it.

If you haven't reached out yet, please know that I have honored the privacy of thousands of people. If you need someone to communicate with, if you have questions, or if you just want to share something, do reach out.

Whatever your gender, whatever your sexual orientation, whatever your relationships or hopes about relationships you want, I welcome you. Allies are welcome, too.

The best ways to contact me are...

Email: fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com

Wire messaging service: fullmarriageequality



I am also always eager to hear from additional counselors and therapists able and willing to work with the people for whom this blog exists in an affirmative, positive way.

The same goes for lawyers, attorneys, and other legal advisors who are willing to work with, advise, or represent the people for whom this blog exists.

If you're a graphic artist who wants to help out, please let me know.

Journalists and other media producers: see here.

Academics and researchers: adapt what's in this message to journalists to your situation.

Haters: Please channel your energy into something productive and kind, rather than fighting against love. If this blog upsets you, direct your attention elsewhere.

English is the only language I have mastered. If you don't read and write English, one of us is going to have to use translations and you're far more likely to get quick responses from me if you're the one who does that.




— — —

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for your continuing labour of love in the fight for equality and freedom for all. For every one of you, there are so many many more of us who support the cause but find our energy and attention torn too many ways. Thankyou for being here and keeping the visibility up, from all of us. <3

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.