Translate

Monday, November 18, 2013

Polyamory Rising

Journals of of a Polyamorous Triad is a blog I've been following for a while, and I recommend checking it out in general. I wanted to call your attention to this current entry by titled "Why Social Acceptance of Polyamory is Inevitable."
I must be honest with you: I giggle gleefully when another state passes a law allowing for same-sex marriages.
Even though I have no intention of ever marrying someone of the same gender, I also cheer when the same-gender freedom to marry is legalized somewhere, because I think all progress towards full marriage equality is good, and I am happy for the lovers who will now be free to marry, whether they are my personal family, friends, or complete strangers.

Simon next writes seven things about the history of marriage, including that polygamy "was" considered normal. It always has been in some places. Then he gets to polyamory...
Polyamory will eventually be just as recognized and accepted as heterosexual marriage because of the continued freedom earned by women (and extensibly freedom of mankind, in general, allowing for homosexual entanglement).
Those who say polyamory is oppressive to women don't know polyamory. Polyamory empowers women if  those women are polyamorous in their relationship orientation or function well in polyamorous relationships.

A woman should be as free as a man to share love, sex, residence, and marriage (or any of those without the other) with another woman, or two other women, or a man and a woman, or two men, or... with any and all consenting adults.

I wrote here previously about why polyamory will gain acceptance, and do so faster than LGBT people have gained acceptance.

I do believe all adults will have their religion rights, including full marriage equality. I am doing my small part to make it happen sooner rather than later. I do not think this will happen without those are discriminated against and their allies working for change. Let's make it happen!
— — —

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.