Translate

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Brother Writes to Deidre Sanders About GSA With His Sister

Found as "SIBLING ATTRACTION" at thescottishsun.co.uk...
I KNOW I can’t be with her but the only woman for me is my sister.

Yes, you CAN be with her. Many others, likely millions, are with each other. But they have to avoid the bigots.
I’m a guy of 22. I was brought up in care and my younger sister was adopted. 
She was two years old when our dad passed away. Our mother had drug and alcohol problems and she couldn’t look after us. 
My sister found me last year and we have become so close. The last time we met up she came to my flat. 
She dropped a coin and as we both went to pick it up we clashed heads. As we came up I rubbed her head and then I kissed her.
Dropped a coin? She's clever.
She kissed me back and then we ended up having sex. 
It wasn’t awkward afterwards but I got the vibe she didn’t want to talk about it. 
It can be difficult for some people to talk when they've been bombarded with senseless anticonsanguinamorous messages for so many years. But talking about it will be necessary.
She is 20.
You are both consenting adults. If this is what you want, nobody else should be able to interfere. There is no good reason you shouldn't be together.

Deidre responded by correctly bringing up Genetic Sexual Attraction. But then..

Take a step back – until you feel confident of just feeling brotherly love for your sister.
This is a cruel thing to say, because for many people, it isn't true that the intense attraction will go away. Some people have avoided acting on their feelings for DECADES. When they finally decide to do (or resume) what they've both wanted, they've kicked themselves for waiting so long. Their biggest problem? The bigotry of others.

There is nothing wrong with consenting adults being together, no matter how much someone else finds it strange or disgusting. GSA is very common.

The man who wrote that letter, or anyone else who is experiencing something similar, should know there is a supportive and helpful place to talk.

— — —

1 comment:

  1. too many people are ignorant of this information!

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.