Translate

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Is It OK?

A frequently asked question is some variation of "It is OK for me to date my [fill in the blank]?"

It is sometimes asked as "Is it wrong for me to have sex with...?"

The blank is filled with a personal relation, as opposed to a professional contact. A personal relation would be a cousin, stepbrother, sister-in-law, aunt, sibling, or someone else along those lines.

Here is the easiest way to determine if it is OK.

Ask yourself these three questions:

1) Are we both/all capable of consenting?

2) Do we both/all consent to this?

3) Is it compatible with any existing agreement with another or others that we each want to keep intact?

If the answer to all three questions is YES, then it is acceptable or OK. 
Some people might disapprove, but they don’t have to date or have sex with you or anyone else they don’t want to, and their opinion shouldn’t rule over your love life.

Unfortunately, in many places, there are still unjust laws discriminating against consenting adults for having sex, such as laws against gay sex or consanguineous sex or sex between certain steprelations. So while it is OK on the ethical sense, it might not be legal where you are, at least not yet. That's one of the reasons we are here to speak up for the rights of all adults. Nobody should be criminalized for sharing affection with other consenting adults.
— — —

8 comments:

  1. My mom is beautiful, everyone like her, she may be the actress or something like...
    We live together and we have a good relationship,
    it is ok to date my mom?
    I'm afraid... i'm not adult enough...
    I'm boy, 17 years.
    Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, when you’re a legal adult, reconsider. If you still want to date her then, then you can try.

      Delete
    2. 2 factors to be considered.
      First,you are still not an adult legally.
      Second,she should be ready as well.

      Delete
  2. I'm afraid that it would be a shame,
    if someone finds out about it ... I do not want anyone thought that I'm sick.
    And how can I find out, how does mom feel about this?
    Thanks.
    Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, you can email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com or message me on Wire at fullmarriageequality

      If you don’t want to do that, find a calm, peaceful time during which you can talk to your mother alone and tell her how you’re feeling.

      Delete
  3. I have been dating my mom since I was 19. I never had any other girlfriend. I'm strictly monogamous. My mom is serial monogamous. She started dating me after my dad died. First few dates were just normal dinner and movie dates. Then one night she invited me into her room. I helped her undress. She kissed me and pulled me closer. We made out and had sex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous, congrats to you! I’d like to communicate with you further in private. Please email me at fullmarriageequality at ProtonMail dot com

      Delete
    2. That's wonderful.Better to keep it within the fanily.No fear of exploitation,betrayal,diseases and extortion.But why do you calk it dating?It's a straightforward case of incestuous live.

      Delete

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.