- Featured on This Blog
- Also on This Blog
- External Links
- Survivors & Support
- Blog: The Final Manifesto
- The Polyamory Wiki
- Nat'l Society of Genetic Counselors
- The Center for Sex-Positive Culture
- Nat'l Coalition for Sexual Freedom
- Consenting Adult Action Network
- World Polyamory Association
- Canadian Poly Advocacy Assoc.
- Polyamory in Australia
- Polytical.org [UK]
- Charlie Glickman [PhD SexEd]
- Help & Answers
- Genetic Sexual Attraction
- Blog entry: A Natural Attraction
- Feel attracted? - Advice
- Need help?
- For family & friends
- FAQ: Consensual incest
- FAQ: Why is consanguinamory illegal?
- Why support equality?
- How you can help
- Frequently Asked Questions
- "Consanguineous", Rather Than "Incestuous"
- For journalists
- An introduction to this blog
- About this blog
- Why I started this blog
- Important Info
Monday, June 23, 2014
NOT a Good Reason to Deny Love #1
“It is disgusting.” Also known as the “ick” or “eww” factor, this explains why the person using the argument would not want to enter into the type of relationship or marriage or have the kind sex they want banned, but their own personal disgust is not a justification for preventing other people from doing something those other people want to do. Don’t want to have an (adult) intergenerational or interracial or same-gender or polyamorous or consanguineous marriage? Don’t have one. Some people are disgusted by the idea of heterosexual sex, or their parents having sex, but obviously this is not a justification to ban those things. Some people find prejudice and bigotry, a lack of marriage equality, disgusting. Meanwhile, the people in these relationships aren’t digusted. How they love each other should be be up to them.
There is no good reason to deny an adult, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race or religion, the right to share love, sex, residence, and marriage (or any of those without the others) with any and all consenting adults without prosecution, bullying, or discrimination.
Feel free to share, copy and paste, and otherwise distribute. This has been adapted from this page at Full Marriage Equality: http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com/p/discredited-invalid-arguments.html
Go to NOT a Good Reason to Deny Love #2
— — —